Donating organs

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
afghanistan_678

Number of posts : 20
Registration date : 2009-11-11

PostSubject: Donating organs   Sat Jan 23, 2010 5:43 pm

Salaam brothers and sisters,
I have another qn.... here it is.... if you are Muslim dead or alive.... can you donate your organ to non Muslim? can you also donate blood to non Muslim? also if you are dead can the medical team islamically get your donated organ to save another Muslims live? can my Islamic knowledgeable brothers answer these qns please? thank you very much for your time....
take care all
Allah Hafiz
Back to top Go down
Muwahhed

Number of posts : 2786
Registration date : 2007-05-28

PostSubject: Re: Donating organs   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:22 am

afghanistan_678 wrote:
Salaam brothers and sisters,
I have another qn.... here it is.... if you are Muslim dead or alive.... can you donate your organ to non Muslim? can you also donate blood to non Muslim? also if you are dead can the medical team islamically get your donated organ to save another Muslims live? can my Islamic knowledgeable brothers answer these qns please? thank you very much for your time....
take care all
Allah Hafiz

Wa Alaikum Al Salam WRWB,
Thank you very much dear Sister Jan,
I am so happy that you are presenting us the question I myself do not know about. after searching I understand what is going on in Islam.
We have to be thankfull of Allah for His great Din (Islam).
About your Question I am going to post you firstly the saying of Shaikh Yousuf Al Qaradawi Fatwa:

Wa `alaykum As-Salamu Wa Rahmatullah Wa Barakatuh.

In the Name of Allah, Most Gracious, Most Merciful.

All thanks and praise are due to Allah and peace and blessings be upon His Messenger.

Dear questioner, thanks for having confidence in us and we hope our efforts meet your expectations.

Islam is a universal message of love, mercy and compassion towards all the inhabitants of this globe. It is because of this that it permits a Muslim to donate an organ to a non-Muslim in case he/she is in need. Of course, priority is given to a Muslim in case a the donating Muslim is offered the choice.

Responding to the question, the eminent Muslim scholar, Sheikh Yusuf Al-Qaradawi, states the following:
Donating an organ is like giving charity in terms of its being permissible for a Muslim or a non-Muslim. However, it is not permissible to donate an organ to a non-Muslim combatant who wages war against Muslims and a person who wages attack on Islam. By the same token, it is not
permissible to donate it to an apostate as he is no more than a traitor to his religion and his people.

However, if there is a Muslim and a non-Muslim and both are in need of organ or blood donation, the Muslim must be given priority for Allah
Almighty says in the Qur’an: [The Believers, men and women, are protectors one of another.] (At-Tawbah 9: 71)

Here we are to make it crystal clear that a practicing Muslim takes preference to a deviant sinful one who makes use of the divine gifts given to him to disobey Allah and harm his fellow brothers.

Also, we are to notify that if the person concerned is a relative or a neighbor, he takes great preference due to the ties of kinship or the relation of neighborhood. Allah Almighty says: [But kindred by blood have prior rights against each other in the Book of Allah.] (Al-Anfal 8: 75)
It is also noteworthy that a person can donate his/her organs to a certain person, or to an establishment such as a bank specified for that
purpose.

Source: http://www.islamonline.net/servlet/Satellite?pagename=IslamOnline-English-Ask_Scholar%2FFatwaE%2FFatwaEAskTheScholar&cid=1119503544408
Back to top Go down
Muwahhed

PostSubject: Re: Donating organs   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:27 am

And bellow quotes are from a site I trust this site 100% all its articles:

Muslims donating blood and organs

Are Muslims allowed to give blood and donate organs?

Praise be to Allah, the Lord of the World; and may His blessings and peace be upon our Prophet Muhammad and upon all his Family and Companions.

Donating organs are of two kinds: (A) an organ donated while the donor is still living. (B) one donated during the donor's lifetime to be transferred after his death.
A) As for the first situation donating any vital organ on which the life of a person depends is forbidden such as head, heart or the like.
Donating such a part means killing oneself, which is forbidden in Shari'a. The ruling is the same if the transferred organ causes any inactivity in the donator's body or prevents him from performing any obligation, e.g. donating hands or legs, which makes one handicapped, consequently one cannot earn for himself and cannot fulfill his obligations. It is also not permissible to donate any organ that could cause deformity. Likewise, giving an organ while alive such as a hand or cornea of an eye to someone who lacks both hands or eyes is not permissible since the donor faces the same deformity after donating them.
Moreover, we believe, and it is largely experienced, that those who do not have hands or eyes can live a happy life. So, there is no compulsion that justifies donating such organs. There is a basic rule in Sharia that reads: 'Any harm is not removed by causing the same harm'. Also, as a general rule, a human body should be respected.
Deforming a human body or degrading it is not permissible. Allah Says (interpretation of meaning): {And indeed We have honoured the Children of Adam, …} [17: 70].
The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi wa Sallam) said: "Everything belonging to a Muslim is unlawful for another Muslim; his blood, his honour and his property" . [color=maroon]mam Muslim ].
As for the organ that do not cause any harm to the donor and there is benefit in transferring it, then it is permissible, Insha Allah, since it is a kindness or favor to others, relieving one from hardship and cooperating in goodness.
B) As for transferring an organ after the death of a person, we believe that it is permissible for many benefits observed by Shari'a. Shari'a always gives priority to living people over the dead. In this case, living person gets many benefits such as protecting one's life by receiving an organ on which his life is dependent, or being cured from a chronic problem.
However, there are other opinions also but we give priority to this opinion since it includes many benefits established by Shari'a that could be achieved by this practice.
Allah Knows best.
Back to top Go down
Muwahhed

PostSubject: Re: Donating organs   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:31 am

I see in Sha Allah all these Q&A are giving great light for every one who are interested to have Islamic Information.
For more information please visit bellow links:

Organ transplantation

Donating body parts

Giving part of a dead body to another person

and full links:

http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/Fatwa/FatwaCategory.php?lang=E&CatId=947
Back to top Go down
Muwahhed

PostSubject: Re: Donating organs   Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:40 am

Back to top Go down